Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Sleuth or Dare series by Kim Harrington


Partners in Crime, Sleepover Stakeout, & Framed and Dangerous by Kim Harrington
"Whodunit?

When best friends Darcy and Norah have to create a fake business for a school assignment, they come up with a great idea: a detective agency! Darcy loves mysteries, and Norah likes helping people, so it's a perfect fit.

But then their pretend agency gets a real case. Someone is missing, and it's up to Darcy and Norah to take on the search. Unfortunately, there's someone else out there who doesn't want the two detectives stirring up any trouble. . . .

With the help of hidden clues, spy gadgets, and trusted friends, can Darcy and Norah crack the case in time?"- Book 1 summary from Amazon

You guys, this is such a cute little middle-grade series and I'm so glad I checked these books out of the library. I really enjoyed Harrington's debut and have been trying to fit her other books into my reading schedule but it's so hard to find time! These are some really quick reads (all at less than 200 pages) and Norah is such a fun main character. Harrington writes these in such a great way and it's hard to put the books down! I always wanted to see how the mystery was going to turn out and just what exactly was going on!

Darcy and Norah's friendship is at the center of the series and it's really nice to see that. They work really well together and I loved following along with them on their crime-solving. There is also a cute little romance that flows through all three books and Harrington handles it really well and it's simply adorable.

Overall, a wonderfully creative trilogy (with crime cases that stand alone in each book) for anyone loving a little mystery!

FTC: Borrowed all 3 books from the library. Links above are Amazon Associate links; any profit goes toward funding contests.

2 comments:

  1. Aaargh! I've been meaning to get to this MG series of Kim's. Mind you, I still need to read Perception, but it's KIM! Your remarks make me want to read them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Clarity and Perception and loved them both so I really should check these out. I don't read many middle grade books at all and I really should as I am missing out on some good books by the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete