Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Transcendence by C.J. Omololu

Transcendence by C.J. Omololu
"When a visit to the Tower of London triggers an overwhelmingly real vision of a beheading that occurred centuries before, Cole Ryan fears she is losing her mind. A mysterious boy, Griffon Hall, comes to her aid, but the intensity of their immediate connection seems to open the floodgate of memories even wider.

As their feelings grow, Griffon reveals their common bond as members of the Akhet—an elite group of people who can remember past lives and use their collected wisdom for the good of the world. But not all Akhet are altruistic, and a rogue is after Cole to avenge their shared past. Now in extreme danger, Cole must piece together clues from many lifetimes. What she finds could ruin her chance at a future with Griffon, but risking his love may be the only way to save them both."- summary from Amazon

This is such a departure from Omololu's previous book but I didn't mind. First off, I was just excited to be reading another book from her because I loved her debut so much. Secondly, I really enjoy it when authors switch things up a bit.

Omololu created a really interesting world and backstory here. I'm very interested in reincarnation tales and kinda wish there was more of them. This whole story had so many twists and turns, it was insane. I loved reading about Cole's journey and the spark between her and Griffon (also, yay for love interest of color who's also on the cover!).

The climax was just explosive and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I cannot wait for book 2, out next year!

FTC: Received book from author (so sweet!). Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

1 comment:

  1. I just read her first book from my library and loved it, but am glad that this one is a bit longer. DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS was a fast read, but it could have had a bit more to it - and TRANSCENDENCE has the added bonus of a supernatural premise along with a PoC male love interest. :) I'm glad you liked it and will be putting it higher on my TBR now.

    ReplyDelete