Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday- The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt

"Kelsey’s not going to let one mistake ruin her life. Sure, she got kicked out of prep school and all her old friends are shutting her out. But Kelsey’s focused on her future, and she’s determined to get back on track at Concordia High.

Isaac’s been kicked out of more schools than he can count. Since his father’s a state senator, Isaac’s life is under constant scrutiny—but Concordia High’s his last stop before boarding school, so Isaac’s hoping to fly under the radar and try to stay put for a change.

When Kelsey and Isaac meet, it’s anything but love at first sight. She thinks he’s an entitled brat, and he thinks she’s a stuck-up snob. So it surprises them both when they start to fall for each other. Kelsey’s happy for the first time in months, and Isaac’s never felt this way about anyone before….But nothing’s ever completely perfect. Everyone has secrets, and Isaac and Kelsey are no exceptions. These two may have fallen hard, but there’s one thing that can ruin it all: the truth."- summary from Amazon

Why do I want this book? First off, it's by Lauren Barnholdt who I just simply adore. We've been chatting since her debut Reality Chick came out (it has since been re-released as Watch Me) and her books are so much fun to read. It's also been so much fun seeing her books get more and more attention as the years go on. Secondly, it just sounds so interesting and like a very unique love story. I can't wait to read it! What are you all waiting on this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. I had this one on my Waiting on Wednesday a couple of weeks back. I can't wait to read it, it would be the 1st book that I read from this author so I am looking forward to it :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ashamed to say I've yet to read any of Lauren Barnholdt's books yet - I hear such great things! I've been seeing this one around for a few months now, and I'm definitely intrigued. I'm hoping to get to Two Way Street sometime next month, and I know I'm definitely going to seek this one out, too.

    Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is is definitely on my TBR list. I haven't reaad any of Lauren Barnholdt's books yet but this sounds like it will be a great summer read. :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete