Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer


Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
"This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended-Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer-one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack-and the man-she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive."- summary from Amazon

I loved Nightshade and couldn't wait to read this novel. It started off a bit slow, which is hard to believe with that opening, but it happened. But after a while, I really got back into the story and the characters and the book seriously flew by. So much crazy stuff is revealed and there's quite a bit of action and of course romance.

I loved all the new characters that were introduced in this novel. They were all really fun to get to know (well, Ethan came around) and I enjoyed spending time with them, as well as the old ones. The ending was really unexpected and I simply cannot wait for Bloodrose, the final book. This series is simply amazing.

FTC: Received ARC from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to read this one, other things on my list are getting devoured though. Glad you liked it, and awesome job getting an ARC! I wish I knew how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this one now. I like it better then the first. but I am not loving it. I liked your review though.
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can honestly say that I almost don't want Calla to go back and save Ren because it will only cause conflict between her and Shay...yet I think she should because it's morally right. I'm just glad that Shay understands her and the relationship her and Ren share....ANYWAYS this book is great! Definitely one that leaves you wanting more.

    ReplyDelete