Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ask Book Chic (22)

Here's another new edition of Ask Book Chic, where I answer various questions from readers. Questions can be submitted on any of these posts at any time and they can be about anything. I'm an open book. Now let's get to today's wonderful questions!

jacque asks "What book would you recommend to younger male readers to encourage reading?

What do you do with your books when you are finished reading them?

Would you rather read a blog or see a vlog from other reading bloggers?"

1) It's funny that this question came up when it did because I've been talking about books boys should read lately. Check out Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. You can use your own judgment when choosing what books to give to younger male readers. I'd also suggest the Harry Potter series, Rick Riordan's books, A Difficult Boy by M.P. Barker, Gollywhopper Games and Seventh Level by Jody Feldman and um... that's kinda the extent of my knowledge of middle-grade male literature, lol. Anyone else have any suggestions?

2) I put them away usually. I know that sounds like a smart-ass answer but it's true! I keep my ARCs cuz I usually have nowhere to give them to and I can't just be holding tons of contests all the time. Therefore I have books all over the floor and in my closet and just everywhere. I do also get hardcovers and paperbacks so I donate those to my library when I'm done with them and that helps.

3) I love seeing both! Vlogs are very fun every once in a while but it can be time-consuming for the reader, so keep them to a minimum if you do them (1 or 2 a week, I'd say). But I love seeing bloggers' unique and various writing styles too. But since vlogs are time-consuming, I do prefer reading over watching.


Sarah asks "Do you like to buy finished copies of books even if you already have ARCs of them?"

I don't. I wish I could but I simply don't have the funds to buy books I already have. If the ARC doesn't have the cover, I will probably buy it eventually but I'd give away the ARC so I don't have duplicates. I have no room!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of the Barker, Gollywhopper or Feldman books. I'll have to look them up.
    I prefer reading blogs over vlogs too b/c of the time factor.

    ReplyDelete