Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston


Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston
"'I don't love Sonny Flannery.'

That's the lie Kelley Winslow told to protect the boy she loves from a power he doesn't know he possesses. Devastated, Sonny retreats—to a haven for Lost Fae that's hidden deep underneath New York City.

But Kelley's not about to let things end in heartbreak. To get Sonny back, she's got to find out who's after his magick—and how to use her own. She's got to uncover who's recruiting Janus Guards to murderously hunt innocent Faerie. She's got to help rebuild the shattered theater company she called family. And she's got to do it all without getting dangerously distracted by the Fennrys Wolf, whose legendary heart of stone seems to melt whenever he's around Kelley."- summary from Amazon

I really enjoyed this conclusion to Livingston's Faerie trilogy; she does a great job and the final book does not disappoint. I really can't say too much since it is of course the end, but Livingston pulled me right back in to the story. She does a great job of catching the reader up to date while continuing the storyline.

I did miss all the Sonny/Kelley love and hated to see them apart and in pain, but there's still some lovin' happening between these pages, so that was nice. I also love the emphasis on the theatre cuz I love theatre and all that; it's a fun addition to an already great storyline.

I don't really know what else to say about this book or series, other than that it's absolutely amazing and everyone should read it. Go get this book as soon as possible!

FTC: Received ARC from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked it. I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your the first I'm seen to be happy with the ending. I haven't finished Darklight so I wouldn't even knows what happens in the end of the trilogy but good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky! I cannot wait to get my hands on this finale! Love this series...

    ReplyDelete