Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

In My Mailbox- Week of October 12 + Retrospective


Tangled by Carolyn Mackler
Jena, Dakota, Skye, and Owen are all at Paradise—the resort in the Caribbean, that is—for different reasons, but in Paradise their lives become tangled together in ways none of them can predict. Over the course of four months, through four voices and four stories, what happened in Paradise will change them all.

In this extraordinary novel, the Printz Honor–winning author brings us her most accomplished work yet. Tangled is a story of the secrets we keep, the risks we take, and the things we do for love.


Front and Center by Catherine Gilbert Murdoch
After five months of sheer absolute craziness I was going back to being plain old background D.J. In photographs of course I'm always in the background...

But it turns out other folks have big plans for D.J. Like her coach. College scouts. All the town hoops fans. A certain Red Bend High School junior who's keen for romance and karaoke. Not to mention Brian Nelson, who she should not be thinking about! Who she is done with, thank you very much. But who keeps showing up anyway...

(Also, Amazon.com has an exclusive letter from Catherine about this final book in the Dairy Queen series.)


Retrospective
Tuesday- Traveling to Teens review of Ice by Sarah Beth Durst

Thursday- Preview of my upcoming bookcase review (the bookcase was recently shipped out! YAY!)

Friday- My recap of Maggie Stiefvater's launch party for Ballad

9 comments:

  1. Great books you got this week. I love the cover of Tangled. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books, I wanna read Tangled...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tangled sounds wonderful and I love that cover too. Very simple but very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need to read the Dairy Queen books, I heard such great things about them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books. I hope you enjoy them =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting the summary for Tangled, I had been looking everywhere for it. I'm a big fan of Carolyn's books and I hope this one is awesome as well.

    Same with Front and Center, I love DJ and I can't wait to read the end of her story.

    Happy Reading.

    AG

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to Tangled! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. great selection of books this week
    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete