Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (4) + Computer Update

So I'm stealing this from a couple of people, but it is still something I TOTALLY want.


The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
Book II in the Darkest Powers trilogy takes us deeper into a world where the supernatural intrudes on the everyday with riveting effect.

If you had met me a few weeks ago, you probably would have described me as an average teenage girl – someone normal. Now my life has changed forever and I’m as far away from normal as it gets. A living science experiment – not only can I see ghosts, but I was genetically altered by a group of people who call themselves The Edison Group. What does that mean? For starters, I’m a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control: I raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever.

I’m running for my life with three of my supernatural friends – a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch – and we have to find someone who can help us gain our freedom back before The Edison Group finds us first. Or die trying.

My Thoughts: I absolutely loved the first book of this series and have been DYING to read the sequel since I finished the first book last summer when I reviewed it for HarperTeen FirstLook. I'm gonna try and get an ARC, though I'm sure it's futile to try.


And now, computer update! My sister put in the order on Monday night and it was shipped out last night (Tuesday) and should be at my apartment anytime between this Friday and next Tuesday. So hopefully, if I get it this weekend, there'll be some vlogs posted!! :) I'm so excited!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for your computer being on its way!

    I won the first book in this series a few months ago and I remember people saying the ending left them hanging (i think) so i too am glad the second one is coming out so hopefully i can read them right in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series, but I like Kelley Armstrong's stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete